NorWest Optimist Adult Co-ed Slo-pitch Rules
1) No umpires (except on tournament weekends)
2) 4 pitches (each team supplies their own pitcher)
3) Each pitch must be a minimum height of 6' with a maximum height of 12'
4) 12 to 20 players per team . Teams must have 3 women on the field at all times or must play with one less player. Ie. 9 players with at least 3 women, or 8 players if 2.
5) Minimum 8 players required per game. You can borrow players from other teams if they agree.
6) You can add players to the roster at any time .
For the season ending tournament they must have played at least 3 regular season games.
7) What do we do in bad weather situations?
If we see lighting we stop the game immediately. For all other bad weather conditions we discuss it amongst the teams. Check Facebook Page for updates
8) If there is a dispute, team captains meet
and decide between themselves,
9) Anyone pregnant
should be advised of the dangers of the game for their own safety.
10) Balls must be official soft balls (as per last year)
11) First base is a split bag -
one for player on the inside and runner on the outside. No sliding at first base.
12) No touching or sliding at home plate -
just cross the line behind the plate. Board at home plate to guide pitcher / batter
13) There is a no-return line near home plate (once the line has been crossed you are committed to going home).
14) No metal cleats.
15) No stealing or leading off the plate.
Can't run until batter makes contact with the ball.
16) Maximum 8 batters per inning. +-
17) No intentional Bunting.
18) If the field team catches a ball in the air, any runners on-base must tag up before advancing around the bases.
No infield pop-up rule – just play on.
19) All bats must be regulation
aluminum bats with no modifications made to the bat.
20) Substitute runner allowed provided the batter reaches safely to first base.
The runner is that player who was last one out.
21) Outfielders not to enter infield
(crushed stone surface) until batter contacts ball at plate.
22) All players should be on the field,
dressed and ready to play at 2:00 pm out of respect for other players.
23) All league participants are expected to, at all times,
display respect for the rights, dignity and worth of each player, officials, friends and spectators, and treat everyone equally regardless of sex, ethnic origin, religion or ability.
24) Because this is a fun, family-friendly league -
No team member shall make derogatory remarks against another player or umpire or use any profane language (cussing / swearing). Neither make objectionable demonstrations by throwing bats, gloves or other equipment in a forceful manner. Should they not desist with one warning, the team captain(s) will ask them to leave the fields.